Systems Architect & Software Developer, Full Time, Hamburg
finetunes has been creating opportunities for independent labels in the digital music markets for more than ten years. The Hamburg-based distribution and digital solutions company distributes a high quality and focused roster of international independent record labels. A leading distributor in the field of electronic music, finetunes also represents labels from across the musical spectrum: from jazz to reggae, pop to world music. finetunes’ global network of satellite offices in London, Paris and San Diego helps secure strategic, focused and truly co-ordinated international retail marketing for its releases. Additionally, finetunes handles all its technical development and operations in-house, giving the company the ability to react fast, innovate and provide tailor made solutions for labels and distributors. Tools like the Labeladmin or the valuable web-based services of PromoTool, Sales Master or Content Hub are supporting our partner’s daily label-driven work. In addition to the music distribution expertise, finetunes is also your perfect partner for video monetization (YouTube).
As the member of finetunes TECH-Team you are responsible for design and implementation of all finetunes tools, admins, server and client components. You analyze, make technical concepts and design internal and external finetunes IT-solutions. You implement, integrate, test and document new features and support other finetunes departments to use these systems. You develop state-of-the art Java solutions that enables finetunes to enhance their music and media businesses.
- BA/BS degree in Engineering or a technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Working Java development skills (Java SE).
- Experiences in developing with Eclipse, Version-Control-Systems (GIT) and Software Architectures.
- Ability to speak and write in German and English fluently.
- You are skilled in handling common MS/Open Office applications.
- Highly interested in the digital world, the internet and the music business in general.
- Strong working Java development skills (Java SE, Java EE) to improve finetunes’ distribution system and to create new interfaces.
- Strong working knowledge of XML processing, XPath, XSD, etc.
- Experience in interface design and System Architectures.
- Experience in relational database development, for example with PostgreSQL.
- Experience in Linux/Unix system administration processes.
- Strong team player and a creative thinker, able to work well in a globally distributed cross-functional environment.
- Excellent project management skills and attention to detail, with ability to prioritize and work well in an environment with competing demands.
- Depending on your skills, talents and interests it is very likely that you soon take responsibility of new projects as well as implementing state-of-the-art features or playing table-tennis with the gods.
please send your application with salary expectations to Ms. Kerstin Gernert: k.gernert(att)finetunes.net